Tuesday 16 April 2013

Week 9

This week was mostly spent on trying to get enough responses for my survey. Monday and tuesday I called a lot of logistic companies, asking them if they would spread the survey amongst their truck drivers.

Surprisingly, a lot of companies were willing to do so, though they could not guarantee that truckers would actually fill it out, naturally. On monday I did get more positive responses, as tuesday I started calling bigger companies, who tend to have less time to spread it, or don't have their own drivers.

I decided to translate my survey on wednesday, first to english, and later this week also to french and german, but as the final two aren't my strongest languages, I had to ask someone to check them for me. French was checked friday, and I was able to put it online then, but german will be checked later today, english has already brought me a few valid responses :)

Oh, and collecting all the valid responses, even though there aren't that many yet, is a tedious piece of work, especially with the way thesistools collects the responses.
I hope I soon have enough responses, as that kind of concludes my research, HALLELUJA! Can't wait to start creating a concept and making a proof of concept, finally some more concrete work :P

Friday I started working on a first draft of my thesis as next wednesday I have a day back at school where we discuss what has been made so far. Quite curious to see my fellow students and hear what they have done so far!

PS. At the time of writing, there are 24 completely filled out/valid responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment