Tuesday 23 April 2013

Week 10

This week I started by finishing the first draft of my thesis, as this was required for wednesday when I had to go back to school. I also prepared the presentation for that day as we had to tell a few others about our project and the progress I have made so far. Also, I finally got the German version of the survey proof read, and started spreading it on different forums. At that moment (Tuesday) the countof valid responses was still at 24.

Wednesday I went back to school. First I got some information on the job market for when I'm done with my graduation. Later in the morning a teacher told us more about the requirements for the final thesis, and some common mistakes she had found in the first drafts. Both these lectures were quite interesting. In the afternoon we first had a presentation in a small group on the progress of our project, from this I also got a bit of feedback, mainly on how I described the project, which turned out to be incomplete, as fellow students only really understood the project after asking some questions to gain more information on it. After the presentations most students went to the school café for some drinks and to catch up with fellow students, which was quite nice, as I haven't seen a lot of them the past months.

When I got back to DAF the next day I started to adjust my research to the feedback I'd gotten the day before. I also researched a final bit of information for the project. The survey didn't receive many responses during the day I was back at school, so I also searched for more places to spread it, hoping that these would get me enough responses.

(Spoiler alert, as of Monday I had 60 valid responses, and could finally start to finish my research!)

No comments:

Post a Comment