Tuesday 21 May 2013

A little catch up once again


Yeah, so I'm a few weeks behind. Time to catch up

Week 12
Monday I attempted to do some brainstorming, but as I couldn't find a lot of people, I tried doing this solo, which is hard. So I decided to create a mindmap to have a starting point for the brainstorming. After which I generated some useful ideas for the project.
I also finished the final version of my research and sent it to Tom for feedback. Friday I got his feedback with which I started to change my research to his feedback.

Week 13
I started by finishing the research document according to the feedback and sending this to my teacher.  After this I started writing up the concepts and attempting to sketch my ideas. This week wasn't more eventful as it was only 3 days long for me.

Week 14
This week started with a little sketching (which I'm not good at..). On monday afternoon a few first year students came by to get feedback on their concept. We (Rick and me) were asked to do this as they no longer use external experts for this, but want to shift this to graduate students. After this meeting I had a brainstorm session with Rick to figure out some concepts (as my previous ones were insufficient) after which I wrote down the ideas from that session.

Tuesday was the DAF Student Event, a day where all students have a few activities, which all take place in the DAF museum. First off we had 2 lectures from employees within DAF, who told a bit about their career paths and soliciting. Then we had lunch, during which the afternoon events were explained. First we had a tour through the DAF museum, which I’d already seen, luckily, as the first time I got a lot more information, which made it more interesting. After that we had to do a team building exercise where you have to build the highest tower with a few marshmallows and some uncooked spaghetti. My group won this contest not because we had the highest tower (it was nearly 10cm shorter than the highest) but we had the most original construction method, as well as the best pitch on our construction. 

Wednesday I got feedback from my teacher on my research, with some bigger feedback points than I expected. Because of this I have to spend more time than anticipated on my research, and I have to set up some new concepts based on new findings for my research. After going through the feedback with Tom, I decided to create a list of what has to be done, and a planning that fits with it.
To finish the project I once again started researching legal issues on Thursday, this time by contacting several lawyers and hoping they'd be willing to help me out, which they were. By lunch I had received some useful information for my research and a few ideas on how to find other information that I still needed. Friday I tried researching legal technical requirements for the CB radio or other two way radios. First trying to find information on ISO standards, which I thought were useful. Turns out these were not for me as they are aimed at companies and their work flow instead of the products themselves. Later researching CE branding I found that this isn't set in stone, as these requirements are set up by the company creating the device, and checked by an external company, after which they can put the CE branding on their product.


And now it's back to finishing my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment